Nassau County Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine
What to Bring to your Appointment
Individuals being vaccinated MUST produce proof of eligibility.
Individuals (including those who reside out-of-state) who work in an occupation on a current priority group in a location within New York State. New York State residents who work in an occupation on a current priority group to be vaccinated, even if their work location is outside New York State. Proof may include:
- An employee ID card or badge.
- A letter from an employer.
- A pay stub.
- Display proof of work via an application (e.g., Uber, Lyft, DoorDash, etc...)
If an individual is eligible due to their Age, they must produce Proof of Age AND Proof of Residency in New York State. To prove residency, an individual must show:
- One (1) of the following: Landlord’s Statement; Current rent receipt or lease; Mortgage records; or
- Two (2) of the following: Statement from another Individual; Current mail; School records.
To prove Age an individual must show:
- A government-issued ID that includes their date of birth (like a Driver’s License or passport).
Who is Eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine?
COVID-19 vaccines have different age requirements:
- Pifzer 16+
- Moderna 18+
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen 18+
- Healthcare personnel
- Teachers & Child Care Workers
- Public Transit Workers
- Grocery Store Workers
- Hotel Workers
- People with Qualifying Comorbidities & Conditions
- Residents & Staff at Long Term Care Facilities
- Residents & Staff in Congregate Settings
- First Responders & Corrections Workers
- Restaurant Workers & Restaurant Delivery Workers
- For-Hire Vehicle Drivers
- Municipal Employes
Click here to see a full list of eligibility.
Check if you are eligible to receive the vaccine here.
Where to get the Vaccine
If you are a medical professional or any public facing health care worker:
- Hospitals / partnering health care facilities
If you are an essential worker or first responder (law enforcement, fire service, teacher, grocery store worker, transit worker, restaurant worker, etc.):
- Local County Department of Health Vaccine Centers
- NYS vaccination sites
If you are 16+:
- Local Department of Health Vaccine Centers (Due to the vaccine(s) the Nassau County Department of Health has received, the Department is only authorized to vaccinate individuals 18 and older at this time.)
- NYS vaccination sites
To go to pre-register:Click Here